Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mascot Bowl 2011 - Lehi, Utah


Last night the 5th annual Mascot Bowl was held at Lehi High School, and it was a lot of fun. I hope that these photos show that.

Warning: If you are one of those people that have a horrific fear of mascots, or humans dressed as animals for that matter, this may not be the blog post for you.

The Utah Jazz Bear


The UVU Drum Line Green Men



Cosmo giving his Hancock...


Big Blue, Cosmo, and Swoop. The 3 Major Universities from Utah represented.




Pioneer Pete! Lehi High School's mascot



I was laughing so hard when I took this photo. I have ran and thrown my camera up in the air to get a higher angle of view of BYU sports teams in huddles. As the mascots huddled, I couldn't help my reaction to get my camera up high, to get right in there!


I came into this game thinking that the mascots (most of which are grown men, well, I'm assuming they're men) would take it easy on the young pee wee aged football players. This wasn't the case. They threw them around like rag dolls.


The Denver Broncos mascot, Miles, seems way too happy in this photo. Such a devious smile...


I like this photo progression of the Phoenix Suns Gorilla...



Don't forget to step on his head...

Big Blue attached a GoPro video camera to his chest the entire game. I'd be interested to see that footage.


The Utah Grizzlies Hockey team mascot was the dorkiest one out there.




This was a great family event. Highly recommended for next year. Highly.


2 comments:

Educational Resources said...

Lovely pictures and awesome photography. Looks like they had great fun.

pibby said...

I found your blog searching for mascot pics. And i came across a picture that was very cool. It's the one with cosmo signing the autograph poster with my art work on it. This was a great find. I was late last year so i didn't get the chance to see this part of it. Thanks for sharing!

http://pibbyart.blogspot.com/2011/09/smashing-heads.html