Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Energy Solutions Arena in Black and White













I'm in a black and white film class right now and so that's the reason for every picture in black and white. I was given the assignment to photograph any element of design and I chose pattern. Since my dad works at the Arena ("Front Row Phil!") I figured it would be a great place to get some pattern pictures. So he got us in a couple of hours before the last home game, I brought my film and digital cameras along, and started snapping. I haven't developed the roll from the film camera yet, so I thought I'd turn some of my digitals into black and white to see how some of the images turned out.

It was a lot of fun to explore the Arena when there wasn't a lot of people around. We made the wrong shoe selection for Ava, (snow boots, which lately she can't leave the house without them on) and so we really had to keep her contained when we were near the court. I'm sure the Jazz organization would love all the little black marks from Ava's snow boots all over the hardwood two hours before a televised game! Ava and Tess really liked being there though. The TV crew for the New Jersey Nets were there setting up and they let Ava sit in their announcer's chair and talk into their microphone.

All in all it was a fun little outing! Thanks for the VIP tour Phil!


No comments: