Thursday, January 12, 2012

Annie the Musical


A couple of months ago I shot Olympus High School's musical Annie Jr. They had to call it Annie jr. because of some sort of copyright issue, but I really liked the way the show turned out. It was entertaining and well done. Never mind the fact that I've had the song "It's a hard knock life" in my head since October...and not the Jay Z version either.































This was fun for me to see because I attended Olympus High, and I also was in the musicals. The director is still the same and she is just as awesome as I remember her. The show brought back some fun memories.

Stage performances are pretty difficult to shoot. Between the lights dimming, spotlights that come on and off, and the difference in light from one side of the stage to the other, the lighting is changing constantly! On top of that, you have to keep on your toes for any action that is happening on the stage. And on top of that, you have to do it from one seat because you are surrounded by a packed audience of elementary students (it was basically a dress rehearsal for the actors). All in all, it's fun to see a good production.


No comments: