Monday, October 10, 2011

Tearing up some Levis

When I was growing up, I had a t-shirt that had this Levi's logo on it. Chances are, you've seen this logo too since its been around for a long time. I wore that shrit a lot and I never really looked as what was going on in logo. A pair of Levis jeans hooked up to two horses that are being whipped in two opposite directions. Kind of weird, now that I get a good look at it. Levi's Jeans are strong enough to withstand being pulled by two horses was the marketing direction they took, I guess.



So Lee Nelson from Mapleton, Utah wanted to see what would happen if you really set up that situation, and I got asked to cover it for the Daily Universe.
They tried several pairs of jeans, Levis, Carhart, and Old Navy were the brands that I could remember.


This is Lee Nelson, the guy that set it all up.




Setting up the jeans




Every single pair they tried ripped with ease. It was almost anti climatic, but still fun to watch.


Lee Nelson from Mapleton, Utah proved you wrong, Levis!



No comments: