Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Favorites of 2011 - Photojournalism


I love photojournalism. It has forced me out into the world to see what is happening in my community. Would I have driven up to Salt Lake just to wait in line in the hot sun to hear Mitt Romney speak outside of a burger joint for about 5 minutes, had I not been paid to go shoot it? Probably not, but I'm glad I went because it was a great experience. That's why I love this type of photography.

Here are my photojournalism favorites from 2011:



Mitt Romney speaks in Salt Lake




Soldiers come home from Afghanistan




People view art at the MET in New York




Condoleezza Rice visits BYU




Tourists "experience" the Bull at Wall Street in New York




Bon Jovi rocks Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City




A hang glider at point of the mountain




Jazz fans react to the news that Jimmer was going to Sacramento, not to Utah.




Lord Voldemort waits in line all day to watch the final Harry Potter movie




New firework laws in Utah were awesome this year!




LaVell Edwards Stadium gets a paint job




A man falls asleep on day 2 of Education Week at BYU




BYU Head Coach Bronco Mendenhal speaks in Tupelo Mississippi during a fireside




"Free Beer for BYU Fans" Tailgating at "The Grove" at Ole Miss




The small dejected tooth mascot of the BYU pre-dental club




Soldiers listen to prayer during a 9/11 memorial service in Sandy, Utah




Elder Uchtdorf gets Jimmered




Darth Vader takes a leisurely stroll in Orem, Utah




A horse gets a mouth full




The UVU Drumline




The Ghostbuster gets Busted




LDS General Conference





The J. Ruben Clark Law Building at BYU




True Blue Sports during BYU's Homecoming week




Since I've graduated from BYU, I wont be shooting photojournalism as much, but I'm always looking for the opportunity. I had a great time with my experience at BYU's paper, "The Daily Universe."


No comments: